Monday, June 8, 2009

T minus 40+ years

Today is June 8th, 2009. I created this blog on Dec. 30th, 2008. This is my first post. To call me a procrastinator is like pointing out that Nelson Mandela is black or that Grandma Moses has a thing for la labia. But its the late bloomers like them that fuel my procrastination. They both burst onto the world stage in their late 70's, so by my estimations, I've got about another 40 years or so to go before I need to get with it. That should be enough time for me to focus, to hone in on whatever it will be exactly that will rocket me to fame...or at least Wikipedia.
But lately, between tedious, infuriating staff meetings, divorces, long days working off hangovers at the beach & discussion about the frugality of my mother's wish for grandchildren before she's 90, I've realized that there's got to be something better for me to do with my time. The world needs me & its high time I've listened. And what better way to listen than to talk? Am I right? Of course I am, this is my blog. So in order to subsidize my dream career of working at a doggie daycare, I've decided to focus a little more seriously on this natural affinity for writing I seem to possess. Sure it was handy to muddle my way through Honors History essay answers & its certainly helped keep the "spark" alive while I wait for my love to come home from deployment, but can I actually buy shoes with it? That is the question!
And my dear chipmunks, only time will tell. But I think I'd rather find out now then have those hard-earned shoes I buy end up being more supportive than stylish...my arches be damned! So stay tuned for random stories, thoughts, & rants on all things Christine. After all, Mandela & Grandma Moses were overnight sensations 70+ years in the making....

No comments:

Post a Comment